I may be missing something here, but isn't the way to do this to provide
your own ODD file, with a @source attribute specifying the canonical
home of the modules included? This ODD file would look remarkably
similar to the DTD subset you're currently using in fact, but with the
advantage that it can be processed to produce DTD, RelaxNG schema, or XSD.