From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Syd Bauman [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, 12 August 2010 2:33 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: xmllint chokes on tei_all.rng  ?

Stuart --

I can now confirm that versions

  xmllint: using libxml version 20632
  compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer
  SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
  XInclude Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas
  Schematron Modules Debug Zlib

  xmllint: using libxml version 20616
  compiled with: DTDValid FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
  XInclude Unicode Regexps Automata Schemas

  xmllint: using libxml version 20707
  compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer
  SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer
  XInclude Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas
  Schematron Modules Debug Zlib

all give near instantaneous results with that version of tei_all.rng
on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 system. I've also checked the 20632 version
(different set of compiled modules) on Debian GNU/Linux, same result.

If you're really stuck and can't try the current version (20707), I
can try building and testing 20705, if you think that will help.