Andreas Johansson wrote:

> quoting David Peterson <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> Having said all that, if there were to be some LCC in Atlanta, and
>> we did get a campsite and people were going, well...I mean, I'd
>> go where the people go (people are fun). I'd just bring a bunch
>> of wetnaps. And a towel. And a cooler full of gatorade and
>> sandwiches.
>> And maybe a car to sleep in...
>
> I don't understand the last one - few things could be less comfortable
> to sleep in than a car. Yet, you're far from the only person I've
> heard claiming to prefer it, or even actually chosing it, over a nice
> tent complete with mattresses. Is it just the feeling of
> "civlization"?

Who needs a tent? Who needs mattresses? Some pine branches or a good
patch of moss make fine mattresses. I have often slept under the open
sky. Tents tend to make me claustrophobic, I like to be able to see
what goes on around me. Of course, in places like California, it
tends to be dark during the nights.

LEF