Between Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and my own natural childhood preference
for the wild outdoors, as a boy I spent most of my waking hours in the
forest. It was only after my parents moved to Los Angeles when I was
13 and there were no forests to be found anywhere that I began to
spend any appreciable time among my "civilized" peers. Now, at age 65,
I've finally retired to an area with abundant forest wilderness. There
is nothing quite so refreshing as removing oneself from "civilization"
for a few weeks two or three times a year. Simplify, simplify.

--gary