Adam Walker wrote:
> Sad to hear that he is gone.  I remember looking forward
> to his posts about amman iar.  He is one of many folks
> from the old day who I wish were still posting.

Amen.

> I guess
> I'll be in nostalgia mode for the rest of the day.

You and I both - tho in my case it's tinged with a degree of
sobriety, one might say of _memento tori_, and a great deal
of sadness since David was younger than me       :(
----------------------------

Jrg Rhiemeier wrote:
 > Hallo!
 >
 > On Wed, 1 Shep 2010 05:02:46 -0700, David Peterson wrote:
 >
 >> The winner of the 2010 Smiley Award is Amman ear.
 >
 > A very worthy winner indeed.  mman ar always was one of
 > my favourite conlangs (though I must confess that I let
 > it slip out of my mind somewhat when the author had
 > ceased posting here and his web site disappeared); it
 > epitomizes what I feel to make out the essence of the
 > kind of conlang I like most: naturalistic, deep, and
 > well-considered.

Altho it's not the sort of conlang that immediately attracts
me, I do agree it was indeed "naturalistic, deep, and
well-considered" and, I would add, well crafted.

[snip]
 >> for his brother, and about a week ago, I got the bad
 >> news: David Bell had died a few years back.
 >
 > I am saddened to hear that.  I have wondered what had
 > happened to David Bell by myself; but hearing that he has
 > passed away, nevermore to enrich the discussion on this
 > list, is sad indeed.  May he find eternal happiness in
 > another more perfect world.

Amen to all that! Requiescat in pace, et lux perpetua luceat ei.

 >> [...] In addition, I've been working over the past few
 >> days to restore David's original site. I've taken what
 >> I can find from archive.org and moved it to a new
 >> location:
 >>
 >> graywizard.conlang.org
 >
 > That is a great service to us all.  This language is too
 > awesome to let it fall into oblivion.  Thank you!

It is indeed a great service - yes, it would be a pity if
the language had just vanished into cyberspace. Many thanks,
David.

--
Ray