On 2010-09-07 08:32, David Peterson wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2010, at 9◊35 AM, taliesin the storyteller wrote:
>
>> When this is done, x-sampa, cxs and whatever can be somewhat easily
>> added with the help of an IPA-to-whatever converter, and when that is
>> done there is a point to connecting the sounds to the conlangs.
>
> So how close are we to the final step?

I've started converting the remaining 700 or so upsid entries to ipa
(now all with a freq. of 5 or higher is shown), but I don't have any
ipa-to-whatever converters yet. It'd be cool to have a, say cxs to
ipa-converter in python, that way one could add sounds to one's language
by keying them in without having to resort to fancy keyboards. Such a
sound entry metjod is quick to make, too, but ulitmately it'd be nice to
be able to click on the ipa chart or have an online ipa keyboard for entry.

The book has arrived at the library so I'll probably pick it up this
week. Then I can start guessing whatever I am to do with the "r-sounds"
and the creaky voiceless stuff...

HM