Words are made up of any number of CV syllables where C is a glottal
stop, a single consonant, or any one of a number of permitted
consonant clusters (as yet unspecified). The first syllable may have a
null consonant, i.e. V only.

The first vowel of a word is any vowel other than 'a'. All of the
remaining vowels of the word are the vowel 'a'. For example:

	diva, ropa, upasana, purampada, toskala, osa'atanda ...

The accent falls on the non-a syllable.

Compound words are easily recognized and parsed since they will have
more than one syllable with a non-a vowel. For example:

	otampaposata can only be otampa + posata since that is the only
partition that satisfies the morphology of roots.

	sikalakoranita -> sikala + kora + nita

If a compound joins a vowel to a vowel, e.g. chupa + otaka, a glottal
stop is inserted: chupa'otaka.

I can't imagine a simpler system than that.

Now all I need is the simplest possible grammar to go along with this
and I can build the simplest possible conlang. :)

--gary