On 23 September 2010 21:17, Patrick Dunn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I unabashedly stole the slender-with-slender broad-with-broad vowel
> system of Irish for Aerest (not to mention the name), but now I'm
> thinking I have made an aesthetic error in the eyes of the
> cognoscenti.

If it fits the language, I don't see why you shouldn't. Gaelic is not the
only orthography to use vowels to mark consonantal distinctions (look at the
Cyrillic alphabet, for instance, which has two series of vowels whose only
difference is that one indicates that the preceding consonant is palatalised
and the other not), so I don't see why a slender-with-slender
broad-with-broad couldn't have evolved independently somewhere else (of
course, if you copied it *exactly*, that's something else :P ).
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/