No offense taken. My own approach to conlanging is so far from Tolkein
(although not entirely detached from English, many would say) that it does
not pain me. I was interested in knowing if there was any solid basis to the
Edgerton "language". If so, I thought it might be added to the book list. I
appreciate input from all who respond. That said, while the words and
phrases are definitely imitative, I think Edgerton did take care in choosing
words that flow well and are effective (IMO cellar-door is not one of those
:p); most of us are on the hunt for those.
"Letters work fine without little hoochies and doodads above, below or
around them." lol :)