On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Von: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
>> I like MediaWiki; I haven't tried a lot of other wiki software other
>> than the buggy house wiki software at Wikispaces, which I
>> disrecommend.  It has a WYSIWIG editor, but it's slow and unreliable
>> for me, and Mechtild has found it even worse on her system, barely
>> usable at all IIRC.

> Oh $DEITY! MediaWiki is Bad with a capital B. It is slow and completely buggy with low screen resolutions. It also fails to work with elinks almost completely. The editing text field is only 1(!) line tall. Seriously, Whiskey Tango Foxtrott!

I'm sorry to hear that; I've never tried to set up MediaWiki on a
website or use a MediaWiki site on a low-res screen.  I just did a
quick experiment with w3m (another text-mode browser), though, and the
edit window is fine (visually, that is; w3m outsources editing long
text fields to an external text editor anyway).

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/