> Von: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
> An: [log in to unmask]
> Betreff: Re: Conlang documentation

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >> Von: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
> >> I like MediaWiki; I haven't tried a lot of other wiki software other
> >> than the buggy house wiki software at Wikispaces, which I
> >> disrecommend.  It has a WYSIWIG editor, but it's slow and unreliable
> >> for me, and Mechtild has found it even worse on her system, barely
> >> usable at all IIRC.
>
> > Oh $DEITY! MediaWiki is Bad with a capital B. It is slow and completely
> buggy with low screen resolutions. It also fails to work with elinks almost
> completely. The editing text field is only 1(!) line tall. Seriously,
> Whiskey Tango Foxtrott!
>
> I'm sorry to hear that; I've never tried to set up MediaWiki on a
> website or use a MediaWiki site on a low-res screen.  I just did a
> quick experiment with w3m (another text-mode browser), though, and the
> edit window is fine (visually, that is; w3m outsources editing long
> text fields to an external text editor anyway).
>
> --
> Jim Henry
> http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/

Sorry, meant WikiSpaces. I should not post while tired... Xe'ni'ta 'velak ameri ludu'tan'xe'jet (1S-must-NEG (INF)send text tiredness-GEN1S-TEMP).
--
Sanja'xen mi'lanja'kynha ,mi'la'ohix'ta jilih, nka.

My life would be easy if it was not so hard!

GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome