On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Tony Harris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  On 09/24/2010 12:30 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:

>>> If that's the case, then the Alurhsa equivalent would be "Kólfe dívé".
>>>  Literally "Thus is said".
>>
>> I don't see how that implies a sexual connotation, though.
>
> That's probably okay, as whatever sexual connotation is in the original
> completely escapes me!  No wonder I wasn't sure how to translate this...

"...that's what SHE said!" is a joking response to somebody making an
inadvertant sexual double entendre, said in a (frequently exaggerated)
suggestive tone of voice.

"This won't fit, it's too long."
"...that's what SHE said!"

The thread topic has a similar use, although AIUI it's just as often
said by the person who made the original accidental double entendre,
after realizing it. It follows the pattern of the punchline to a dirty
joke (actresses have an old reputation for being "loose").

"I'm headed down under...as the actress said to the bishop."