On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM, Larry Sulky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For that matter, what do other natlangs and other varieties of English do?

Very late, I know, but in Mexico people say: ¨sin albur¨ when they realize
they've said something that could be misinterpreted as sexual. I don't know
how to translate the term ¨albur¨ ('sin' means 'without') because it's
something I haven't encountered outside of mexico. 'albur' means 'double
entendre', but it's also a passtime, and some guys (it's mainly a male thing
for some reason) can have whole conversations using 'albures' that people
not, well... 'trained' in albur have great difficulty in understanding.

Ayam.

--
Nac Mac Feegle! Wee Free Men!
Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master!