Why don't we do this the other way round? If Chinese people are as proud of
their/our/whatever culture and language, then how about having merchants,
travellers, or itinerants in general move westward and eventually land in
the outskirts of the Roman Empire and pick up Latin?

Admittedly this still faces the same critical-mass problem of why the creole
would survive on its own rather than be absorbed into one of the many big
languages around it.

Eugene