On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Olivier Simon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sellamat James !

I would rather say it's a new dialect of Spanish, but not really an auxlang.
Otherwise, we should say that Brazilian Portuguese is itself an auxlang since it
says "brecar" (to brake) while European Portuguese has "travar".

Furthermore, other considerations keep me from considering Spanglish as an
auxlang:

- sources limited to Spanish and US English

Mexican Spanish, at that.

- the irregularities of Spanish seem to be maintained: in the sample, we still
have "tuve" (from "tener").

Code-switching in border areas is common. For example, the French spoken in
Northern Lorraine has many Germanisms.

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/

--
Nac Mac Feegle! Wee Free Men!
Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master!