On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Wm Annis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM, masukomi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> http://masukomi.org/misc/conlang_graffiti/index.html
>>
>> Can anyone identify this language?
>
> This isn't another language.  Certain styles of urban graffiti use
> highly stylized signatures.  A little googling on "tagging graffiti"
> will give you plenty of examples.

[snip]

Yeah, that was my first thought too, BUT each tagger wants a
distinctive and recognizable tag as a signature. Right? In my
experience you wouldn't see a whole series of them with totally
different content that was only related by style. You typically see
the taggers "signature" left behind as evidence of where they have
been.

Each of these was placed in the same location at each flight of
stairs, and with such different content seems too much like a message
than a random tagging to me.

What motivation would a standard tagger have for using different content ?

-Kay