> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:21:53 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Conlang Graffiti?
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM, masukomi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Yeah, that was my first thought too, BUT each tagger wants a
> > distinctive and recognizable tag as a signature. Right? In my
> > experience you wouldn't see a whole series of them with totally
> > different content that was only related by style.
>
> If you compare any two of these they share several elements
> in common. They're all too closely related to be really different
> content, as far as I can see. It looks more like someone hasn't
> yet settled on their tag. Even the one that was mostly washed
> out, which has more of the curviness I expect in most tagging,
> shares elements with the others (the h-like thing with the bar on
> the top and the distorted wyn-rune-like thing).
>
> --
> wm

I was about to say the same thing: they all look like variations of about the same symbols.
All but one have a something like a K or a barred h toward the middle; all of them have a variable number of small double strokes alternating between bottom and top and sometimes blending with the nearby symbols (such quotation marks are fairly common in tags); all of them begin a symbol that's basically a straight line with a broken end...
It seems to me that the artist is looking for a way to write a given 3 or 4 letter word in a way that looks like nothing but random strokes or alien language at first glance, but that when you're told what it stands for you see it immediately. In the second image, the barred h seems to be at the end, so it's possible that the artist isn't even settled as to what names he wants to use.

Maxime