> Looking through grammars for some natural
> languages I studied it felt as though there was some "magical" order in
> them that made it easier to follow.

Well, going from simple to complicated is probably a good idea in general.
For most languages, this happens to be nouns -> adjectives -> verbs.
However, if a conlang has some weird details which make it stand out, I'd
appreciate them being mentioned near the beginning, while the I'm still
attentive as a reader.

In Talmit, I recently toyed around with diagrams like this one
http://sindanoorie.atspace.com/talmit_diag.gif
in order to illustrate my points. Hopefully it's actually illustrative, not
overloaded.