--- On Thu, 12/16/10, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
> > wrote:
> > . Translators will be needed to assist with the
> > >following languages: Redjang, Bamum, Balinese,
> Manchu, Nushu,
> >
> Wait.  Isn't Nushu just a script?  That's the
> "women's" script for writing
> Chinese, right?  Or is the hazmat leaking in the
> warehouse?

"Just a script" yes, but still in danger of dying out, I think.

What surprises me is the inclusion of Balinese, which AFAIK is still alive and well, especially in ritual uses. Javanese doesn't surprise me as much, as there's a lot lf lit. in ronamization. Rejang (language as well as script) is probably losing ground to Bah.Indonesia.