I imagine, if it was done well and the word "postmodernism" was used in close proximity "pft... said the sofa" would be well rewarded in my CW class but, then again, the workshop leader is a mentalist :D
All goes to show, that despite differences in adult-child perception, nothing matters if it's done by a pretentious arty type (ie a student or bitter failed novelist).