When inflecting languages turn isolating, do they just drop down to the stem, do
they erode to the stem and then make modifications to make obey the old
phonotactics, do they tend to pick a particular existing inflection (like 1st person
present), or something else?

I'm creating some toki pona relexes-- I have a working example to illustrate where
I'm going with this idea, using Latinate and English-like relexes:
http://tokipona.net/tp/Relex.aspx

With my first at relexing toki pona to Latin words, I notice I had too many
dictionary forms, which just doesn't look right.

Matthew Martin