From: Steve Socransky <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, January 10, 2011 10:16:39 AM
Subject: Hypothermia

Hello,

Just wondering to what core temp you continue your resuscitation efforts for
asystolic hypothermia cases before discontinuing efforts.  35 C? 32 C?  30
C? Do you vary your practice based on age?  Does absence of cardiac activity
on bedside ultrasound influence your decision?  Any other factors?

Bypass is not an option in my setting and transport is too prolonged to be
practical.

Thanks very much,

Steve Socransky

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message:
info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html