We use

Returns within 72 hours resulting in admission (including all returners
is too inefficient. Even when we include only admissions, the error rate
is 3% definite error and 3% probable error)

Transfer from ward to PICU within 12 hours of admission. About 25% of
these are preventable on review.

Triage to Provider time both overall and for Level 1 and 2 (Triage)
patients

Triage to narcotics for sickle cell pain and fractures

Triage to steroid time for asthma patients with asthma score 4 or
greater

Jim

James Chamberlain, MD
Division Chief, Emergency Medicine