I am bringing this up just to for us to talk, think about evidence based practice which I live by...
?
and obviously this child had some "red flags" albeit very, very vague....
?
Is it?good medicine?to order a CXR on a patient with no cough, no sob, no cp, clear breath sounds, O2 sat 100%, no swelling/masses, no true reproducible tenderness, looks great and smiling, because of a vague history of some upper back pain for a week that is on and off and does not really bother him...
?
Let's say this child had a cough, which he did not......still, Breath sounds clear, o2 sat 100%, no tachypnea....
would you get a cxr with this hx, even with a cough...?
?
todd Z

Dr. Todd Zimmerman

** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which is legally protected from disclosure. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and appropriately delete the material from your computer. Thank you.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html