From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List on behalf of don zweig
Sent: Wed 1/12/2011 10:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: crp

How do you use the crp in evaluating kids?  How do you interpret a high crp with low sed rate.  I had a 8 yo with headache, decreased appetite and dizziness. No nvd.  Neg pmh.  Vitals normal with t=37.4 oral.  min cough.  no dysuria.  Labs show normal wbc and diff, noraml chem7, lft, cxr.  Very healthy appearing with large tonsils that are not inflamed. no nodes. supple neck.  crp ws 38. i was hoping for normal.  urine showed 80 red cells, 4 wbc, no back and 39 epith cells.  no abd or flank pain.

Should i go with my impressing that she is well.  I did labs because mother was concerned, child seemed to be usually healthy and not a complainer..  Was shooting for reassurance.  did not image brain or tap.

help

don

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

This e-mail has been scanned by McAfee Managed Email Content Service.  To report
any issues regarding e-mail SPAM ONLY, please call the Helpdesk at