Does anyone have any suggestions for how to distinguish different kinds
of images of the same surface in the facsimile section?

In particular, I may have two images of the same surface or zone, one of
which is a digital photo graph (or scan of an analogue photo) and the
other is the scan of a 17th century drawing (which may be a better
representation [of the original] than the modern photograph, because of
damage etc.). For different processes I may want to make available to
the user one or other of these types of facsimile.

Typing the tei:graphic elements would be the obvious possibility (except
@type isn't available on tei:graphic), since the various grouping
elements available here (tei:zone, tei:surface) have different
semantics, and the two images may well be of the same surface and zone.

Any thoughts?

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Research Associate in Digital Epigraphy)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL