Ho Lou,

On 11-01-23 07:48 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> [Your comment arrived at the same time as I was tweaking my mail
> settings to prevent my reply to Sebastian being rejected, or I'd have
> amplified my earlier response the first time round]
>
> As you see, I don't agree that the<facsimile>  is the same as the
> cemetery. The relationship between a<TEI>  which is a single stone and a
> <TEI>  which contains additional information about (or representations
> of) all the stones' contexts seems to me quite similar to the
> relationship between a<TEI>  which is a single document in a collection,
> and a<TEI>  which is a document that happens to contain images of all
> the documents in said collection.  In neither case is it necessarily a
> part/whole relationship. There may be data in the<facsimile>  about
> things other than gravestones, surely?

There may indeed be, in which case there is a case for treating the
cemetery as a sibling to the individual gravestones. But what if that's
_not_ the case? What if there are graphical representations of a whole
which is unambiguously the parent of the component <TEI>s?

The example of a "boxed set" of novels comes to mind. The box would
merit its own images and metadata, but it's categorically the container
of the novels. Wouldn't that be a good case for <facsimile> in <teiCorpus>?

Cheers,
Martin