I am thinking of setting up a formal survey on this subject, but perhaps discussion here will be useful.

When a new TEI release comes out, what does it mean to you? do you

 * grab a zip file from SF, install locally and use
 * get a Debian package release
 * reference schemas or docs on the TEI web site
 * update your schema using Roma
 * wait for oXygen to include it
 * admire the results, but carry on as you are with P3 SGML

?

are we providing the right deliverables in the right format for you? are we
wasting time making things that no-one wants anyway? could we
provide some other format which would be really useful?

If anyone has the time to set up a proper survey on this and correlate
results, I'd be very happy not to have to do it myself :-}
--
Sebastian Rahtz
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente