On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Sai <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In progress, etc. etc. usual disclaimers.
>
> http://saizai.com/nlws.shtml

Hmm, interesting!  It's very different than the NLWS sketch that I did
years ago.  In my sketch there was very little grammar in the
structure of how things were written.  Basically each glyph had an
incoming starting point, where it was hung on the text, and zero or
more outgoing lines which gave some semantic meaning to whatever was
hung on them.  I also had some floating glyphs that would hang out
near something to give a bit of commentary or flavor-- hearts & smiley
faces were the most common ones!

If I'd developed it more I'd eventually have had to figure out how to
express all those grammatical possibilities you've laid out (probably
by encoding them in glyphs).  But I felt like not having many
constraints on the shape and orientation and flow of the glyphs and
connections allowed me to write in a very flowing, organic style.

<3,
mungojelly
aka
la stela selckiku