On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:48:58 -0500, Anthony Miles
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>After a day at the library, perusing WALS, I have some phrase
grammar for
>Na'gifi Fasu'xa relative/prepositional clauses (adjective clause)? The
>sub-letters are agreement markers.
>
> Verb-sub-A Agent-sub-B Patient-sub-A
> Verb-sub-A Agent-sub-B [Preposition-sub-C Patient-sub-C] Patient-
sub-A [Preposition-sub-A Agent-sub-A]
> Verb-sub-A Subject-sub-A
> Verb-sub-A Subject-sub-A [Preposition-sub-A Agent-sub-B]

These might be more readable without the "-sub", e.g.
Verb-A  Agent-B  Patient-A

> As you can see, the relative clause follows the noun,

so far so good; at this point the description becomes confusing.

> and the antecedent maintains its semantic role unless otherwise
> indicated (using adjectives modifying the prepositional object).
> Likewise, the placement of the suprafixed rising tone is assumed to
> be static unless otherwise indicated, as is the time of the main
> clause. If the time of the subordinate clause is different, the
> temporal adverb is marked as an adjective modifying the object of
> the preposition.
>
>Does this make sense?

maybe some examples, including ones with adverbs and subordinate
clauses.

--
neogu