Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.5 - CONLANG Archives

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:46:16 +0100, Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Patrick Dunn wrote:
>
>> quoting me:
>>>
>>> However, I recognise that there may be reasons for lumping nasals
>>> with
>>> stops. Just please stop calling them stops, it's just too silly.
>>> Because they don't stop.
>>>
>>> _Occlusives_ at least *sounds* a little bit better.
>>
>> Sorry, can't do that.  Nice of you to say "please," though.
>
>Fair enough, what could I expect?
>Anyhow at least I'm going with the "many" who use the term nasal
>continuant rather than nasal stop. There's nothing to stop me.

Well, a place where "nasal continuant" as the name for these segments breaks
down is where one begins to discuss contrasts between say [n] and [D~], or
[n] and [r\~].  It seems clear that what sets the latter ones apart from [n]
is that [n] is the nasal _stop_ (~ occlusive), while the other ones are
nasal fricatives or approximants or what have you.  They're all nasal
continuants.

Alex