staving Jeff Daniel Rollin:

> Lastly, in the UK, we have something called "civil partnership" which
> is only open to gay couples, whereas marriage is still only open to
> straight couples. So, as a bisexual, if I married a woman I would be a
> first-class citizen, whereas if I married (and I have no problems with
> the words "married", "wedding" etc) a man I'd be second class.

It should be noted that there is no difference in the legal rights
conferred by marriage and civil partnerships - the only difference being
that churches are not obliged to celebrate the latter. In colloquial
usage, civil partners are usually referred to as "married" and civil
parnership ceremonies as "weddings".

Pete
(37 Straight, married 12 years)