On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Marlon Ribeiro <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I am new at the mailing list, but I would like to introduce you my conlang
> (and
> that is why I subscribed). If anyone wishes to suggest me anything, to
> criticise, to change, or anything else, please feel free to get in touch
> with me
> anytime.
>
> I have used fonstruct (that is a really nice website for conscripts) to
> enter the
> computer that writing I had already devised by hand for my conlang. Now I
> can
> type whatever I want in a text editor!

[snip]

An interesting language, Marlon.  I'll be the first to say this, I think,
but describing the sounds of a language is always very complicated when
comparing it to other languages, especially English.  It can difficult to
learn at first, and sometimes seems very arbitrary, but using a phonetic
alphabet, such as the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), can help
immensely when describing the sounds, and sound changes, of your language on
this group. IPA can be an extremely useful tool, but so too can be a more
fundamental understanding of the qualities of the various sounds we produce.
 I'd go into greater detail, but I have a paper to write within the next two
hours, and I honestly don't know as much as I'd like about that side of
phonetics.

Of course, since almost all active participants of the list have learned
IPA, don't hesitate to ask for help with IPA. Most of us would be glad to
help, and we have quite a few experts on the subject of phonetics.  :)