On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Samuel Stutter
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[...]
> 1st problem: although my knowledge of Finnish, Estonian, Swedish and Latvian
> are limited to say the least, I do have at my disposal a grammar and
> dictionary for each. However, one dialect is sited in Karelia, right on the
> border with Finland and Russia, the area having been under a mixture of
> Swedish and Russian control over the last half-millennia. I don't know any
> Russian and even if I were to pick up a grammar and dictionary I have 7 days
> to learn the alphabet (as well as doing the rest of the project).
> Does anyone have the Russian to be able to complete a wordlist in something
> resembling the Latin alphabet?

Depends on what words it's a list of. Do you have an English list that
you just need translated (or, glossed I suppose would be more
accurate) and transliterated?

Unless they're really obscure words, or the list is ridiculously long,
I can manage that.

-l.