--- On Thu, 3/3/11, Douglas Koller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be
> violent and
> original in your work." -- Gustave Flaubert
> ___________________________
>
> Throw down the gauntlet, will ya? :) I couldn't resist
> translating this, and it's such a thrill when you don't have
> to coin anything. This English translation seems to be the
> gold standard, but I also riffed off the French, so I
> include that:
>
> Soyez réglé dans votre vie et ordinaire comme un
> bougeois, afin d'être violent et original dean vos œuvres.

Alright ... I've been working on Lucarian (spoken in the World) of late,
so let's see.

vadere timet reglareglato en al vitam di tina; quem de tim podere adis vadere podec violentiam etti namaouriginim en al artim di tina.

go you well-ruled in the life of you; so but you can towards to-go at
violence and origin-ship in the art of you.

Starting out life as something of a traders pidgin, Lucarian lost most of
its verbal and nominal morphology. The infinitive serves as simple present
and imperative for all persons and moods; the old past participle serves
as past tenses. What Lucarian has lost in morphology, it has gained in
adpositional morphology. Location, motions towards and away, etc. are
denoted by changes in the adpostion.

Padraic