A while back members of this list helped me figure out the seasons and
orbital peculiarities of my conworld Angayus.  I have completed my revisions
and I've worked out my new date system, and here I present it along with a
python code to calculate today's Angosian date.

Length of Angosian day:  32.08 Earth hours
Length of Angosian year: 496 Angosian days (about 663 Earth days, or about
1.8 Earth years)

The orbit of Angayus is eccentric, giving rise to orbital seasons in
addition to tilt seasons.  The orbital seasons are divided into four: sa
zakayro (orbital spring), sa halath (orbital summer), sa greyeth (orbital
fall), sa tsarakh (orbital winter).  Sa tsarakh is twice as long as the
other seasons because the planet spends more time farther from the suns
(yes, suns).

The axial tilt of the planet precesses with a periodicity of 8128 Angosian
days (about 10864 Earth days, or about 30 Earth years).  This causes a
corresponding drift in the equinoxes and solstices, with these sometimes
lining up with and sometimes conflicting with the orbital seasons.

The beginning of the Angosian date system corresponds with September 3, 1998
(when I first created the language).  It has been 6 Angosian years and 451
Angosian days since then.  It is currently orbital winter.

Under this system, I am 14 years old.  I have not yet lived through one
precessional cycle.  I hope to complete two, and maybe I will make it to three!

Danny

Here is the Python code to calculate today's date:

#Converts today's date into Angosian years, days, and hours.  This is measured
#from the Prime Meridian, which runs through the city of Newangayus.

import datetime
import math

new_year=datetime.datetime(1985, 9, 21)
now_delta=datetime.datetime.now()-new_year
angosian_days_delta=now_delta.days*(24/32.08)
angosian_years=int(math.floor(angosian_days_delta/496))
angosian_days=int(math.floor(angosian_days_delta-angosian_years*496))
if angosian_days_delta>8128:
    tilt_days=angosian_days_delta-8128*floor(angosian_days_delta/8128.)
else:
    tilt_days=angosian_days_delta
tilt_cycle=int(math.floor(tilt_days/(8128/6.)))

season_days=angosian_days_delta-496*angosian_years
season=season_days/(496/8.)
if season<=1:
    season_name="SA ZAKYRO (ORBITAL SPRING)"
    season_start=0
elif season>1 and season<=2:
    season_name="SA HALATH (ORBITAL SUMMER)"
    season_start=math.ceil(496/8.)
elif season>2 and season<=3:
    season_name="SA GREYETH (ORBITAL FALL)"
    season_start=math.ceil(496/8.)*2
else:
    season_name="SA TSARAKH (ORBITAL WINTER)"
    season_start=math.ceil(496/8.)*3
print("Tilt Cycle "+str(tilt_cycle))
print(season_name)
print("Days since start of season: "+str(int(angosian_days-season_start)))
print("SA ELEN (YEAR) "+str(angosian_years))
print("SA HALEYA (JULIAN DAY)"+str(angosian_days))
print("Days left in year..."+str(496-angosian_days))