Over at posta_Mundi we're trying to figure out >Esperanto, that is my notation for the set of rules that generate Esperanto out of the DEFIRS languages.

So, how does Esp select its roots?  I've found a couple of contradictory answers.  First, in TYE:
"As for the words themselves, Zamenhof did not invent them arbitrarily, but took them from the most important languages of Western civilisation, mainly from Latin ..."

Then from Wikipedia:
"Since then many words have been borrowed from other languages, primarily, but not solely, from western European languages."

So is Esp really LsF or is Wikipedia closer to the truth?