So, I am feeling a bit poorly today and am therefore entertaining
myself by rereading some of my favorite books. While doing so I came
upon a passage that just begged to be translated. Here it is, slightly
modified to hide who is speaking (because then you could google the
name and know which book I'm reading, not that I'm really hiding it
from anyone who recognizes the passage or the style anyway):

"I wish to know who it is who wishes us stopped, and moreover, why?"

"Yes, why? For, if we do not know what we are doing, then it follows
no one else does either; and, if no one knows what we are going to do,
well then, why is someone so determined to prevent us from doing it?"

In Kēlen:

sele jakīña ien sele jatēla ien sema jakīña ien ñi lēim mōrre mo makēñ ī tōkēñ;

lerāe; tōkēñ; tō wā selte jatēla ien ñalta jāo tō-jāo wā sema mo mawae
ī; tō wā sema jatēla ien rēha ñalta jāo tō sema jakesāo mo manahan ien
ñi lēim mapāsre jē rēha ñalta jāo tōkēñ;

An interlinear, more or less:

to.1SG wish REL to.1SG knowledge REL to.3SG wish REL do 1PC stopped to
who also why;

yes; why; because not to.1PC knowledge REL 1PC.do that therefore not
to.3SG to nobody also; because not to.3SG knowledge REL FUT 1PC.do
that why to.3SG eager to someone REL do 1PC prevented from FUT 1PC.do
that why?

[SG = singular, PC = paucal, REL = relative pronoun, FUT = future tense marker]

How would you say this in your conlang? Bonus points for convoluted
sentence structure of course.

-S
--
Sylvia Sotomayor

The sooner I fall behind the more time I have to catch up.