On 4/2/2011 10:05 PM, Sylvia Sotomayor wrote:
> "I wish to know who it is who wishes us stopped, and moreover, why?"
>
> "Yes, why? For, if we do not know what we are doing, then it follows
> no one else does either; and, if no one knows what we are going to do,
> well then, why is someone so determined to prevent us from doing it?"
In Çideaux:

"I wish to know who it is who wishes us stopped
wish.1SG.PRS know.INF who.ACC wish.3SG.PRS REL stop.1PL.SUBJ
"Sudélli a sapaire quique sudéllit que arrètessant

and moreover, why?"
and moreover, why?
ei de plû, pûrquoi?"

"Yes, why?
Yes, why?
"Ui, pûrquoi?

For, if we do not know what we are doing,
Because, if NEG know.1PL.PRS that.which do.1PL.PRS
Pûrsque, sé no sappiant celleque façant,

then it follows no one else does either;
follow.3SG.PRS REL NEG.PRSN NEG know.3SG.PRS, in.addition
secquit que gent no sat, d'ajû

and, if no one knows what we are going to do
and, if NEG.PRSN know.3SG.PRS that.which go.1PL.PRS do.INF
ei, sé gent no sat celleque alatant faire

well then, why is someone so determined
then, why be.3SG.PRS 3SG.INDF so determined
puive, pûrquoi et quellequn si détrimnû

to prevent us from doing it?"
to 1PL.ACC prevent.INF from "3SG.ACC do.INF
a nû impètér de li faire?"