--- On Sat, 4/2/11, Sylvia Sotomayor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So, I am feeling a bit poorly today

I hope our responses have brightened things up...

> and am therefore entertaining
> myself by rereading some of my favorite books.

Sounds like it might be something from Sherlock Holmes....?

> "I wish to know who it is who wishes us stopped, and
> moreover, why?"
>
> "Yes, why? For, if we do not know what we are doing, then
> it follows
> no one else does either; and, if no one knows what we are
> going to do,
> well then, why is someone so determined to prevent us from
> doing it?"

Kash:
mamelo makaya, kari na ya, mile yamelo yarindi, i lavi-lavini, ongar iyu?

hayi, ongar? ombi, kendi mila ta kaya kar mimepu, kendi yakaket re tapes kaš ta kaya tatipo; i kendi tapes kaš ta kaya kar mila poro mepu, kendi ongar kaš sambat cakavirap re yarindi re yu mimepu?

ma/melo ma/kaya, kari na ya, mile ya/melo ya/rindi, i lavi-lavi/ni, ongar iyu?
I/want I/know, who NA YA, we.DAT 3s/want 3s/stop, and REDUP.more/of.it why that?
na ya = particles that form a cleft sentence of this sort.

hayi, ongar? ombi, kendi mila ta kaya kar mi/mepu, kendi ya/kaket
yes  why  because, if  we.emph. not know what we/do, then 3s/logically linked

re tapes kaš ta kaya tatipo; i kendi tapes kaš ta kaya kar
CONJ no person not know neither**; and if  no person not know what
**whee-- a triple negative!!

mila poro mepu, kendi ongar kaš sambat caka/virap lire
we.emph. going-to do, then why person so.much ACCID/certain with.resp.that

ya/rindi re yu mi/mepu?
3s/stop CONJ it(acc) we/do?

Later I'll try to do this in Prevli, much more interesting maybe. But that will take a while.........