--- On Sun, 4/3/11, Amanda Babcock Furrow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> -0700, Roger Mills wrote:
> > --- On Sun, 4/3/11, Alex Fink <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Very neat.
> >
> > How did you find my article so quickly? It took me all
> afternoon scrolling
> > down page by page (with many delays) to get to it--and
> pausing to read a
> > few of the intervening papers, if they were in English
> :-(((.
>
> I'm not Alex, but I was able to find it in a minute or two
> by the following
> procedure: 1) find you in the index, where it says your
> article is on page
> 284 of about 515.  2) move the scrollbar slider on the
> right to about 3/5
> of the way down.  3) scroll up to top of page, see I'm
> 50 pages too far.
> Adjust scrollbar up a smidge.  4) scroll back a few
> more pages till I find
> the end of your article.

I tried that too, many times, and just kept getting blank pages. I was too impatient to wait overly long. I just tried again it after reading your email, and it worked after maybe a 30 sec. wait. It seems that the more I go to the site, the more it cooperates :-))))

As to Alex's further reply, I tried typing in the page no. but nothing happened; I didn't see any sort of scroll-thing at the top. Perhaps my version of Firefox hasn't been sufficiently updated (though Lord Knows, I constantly get "updates" that I don't know what to do with....)

Aging dog and new tricks, oy!