http://www.popsci.com/node/33469

you could go really crazy and have the most beautiful commuter bike out there
http://spotbrand.com/bikes/product-page/sprawl/
(kind of pricey)

But that's the range.

You could go super local (instead of a Chinese made frame and components assembled in Bristol) and get a custom Circle A http://www.circleacycles.com/
They can build the frame and paint it here in Providence AND put all the bits on there you want (say a carbon drive on an 8 speed hub).

The options are out there, price tags of course will vary.  There may be other carbon belt drive bikes out there, worth checking with Jack at Legend or Stephanie at Casters on 4th (and Hope) here in town.

Geoff Williams
Leduc Bioimaging Facility Manager
Brown University

http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/Leduc_Bioimaging_Facility/