Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response and assistance.

I actually live in a large city, the biggest in the state and there is so much history!  I mispoke by saying "town".

There has been some work on history issues but not with the text encoding initiative and not organized enough and not utilizing digital humanities concepts and parameters. In addition, much needs to be investigated.

Before going forward with reseach, for example, digitizing 18th and 19th century shipping logs, and putting historical writings on the TEI format. I wanted to get the main library and director involved.  And he is on board. I meet with him today.

I am seeking your advice on beginning such a start up.

I am going to suggest a workshop to learn TEI, using the Oxygen program,  and a workshop to learn basics of digital humanities, a call for archivists and people to encode, and a workshop on how to organize history documents and ideas.  Please let me know what you suggest.

Regards
Rob
http://cthistory.net/