On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Matthew Martin <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 03:55:39 -0400, Roman Rausch <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >>For me, putting Quenya on the 9'th place looks like a blasphemy
> >Yes, but the real vicitim of rankings of this kind is Sindarin, every
> time.
>
> I'm no expert in Elvish (yet), but isn't one a diachronic variation on the
> other?

Well, not exactly. AFAIK, Quenya and Sindarin used to have a
common ancestor, with Quenya being more conservative. Maybe You are right:
since the elves of the Middleearth are immortal, it is quite possible that
the ancient form has been preserved by the elder ones as it was. According
to Silmarillion, Quenya and Sindarin have been spoken simultaneously at some
point of history.