I love FontForge. It is what I always use for creating fonts. I tried
FontStruct once but found it highly unsatisfactory (not least because of the
geometric limitations and the licensing of the resulting fonts). I know next
to nothing about creating fonts, but for the simple things I need (letters &
diacritics, but no ligation et cetera) it works fine.

—Calculator Ftvb

P. S. I'm pretty sure http://www.kreativekorp.com/ucsur/ is not the real
CSUR; I think it is an extension of the main one (at
http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/), as is explained at the
http://www.kreativekorp.com/ucsur/ page. I'm not sure about that though so
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.