On 07/02/2011 10:35 PM, Roger Mills wrote:
> --- On Sat, 7/2/11, Dana Nutter<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen this mentioned in the
>> thread yet, but which language is going to be the
>> superstrate?
>>
> I'm not sure that has been established. The idea at the moment is that a bunch of Spanish, English and Arabic speakers are all somehow transplanted to a new planet and they have to communicate somehow....AFAIK numbers of each haven't been determined or stated.
>
> Personally I think it would be fun if English speakers were a minority--but OTOH Span. and Engl could well impose a number of SAE features on an Arabic base.
>
> Have you been to the Frath Wiki page? I haven't checked it lately.
I haven't been active in the conlang scene at all lately.  This
particular thread caught my eye because I like conlangs like this.  My
personal langauge is somewhat of a creole itself, mixing a Low Germanic
core with heavy influences from Russian, Spanish, and SAE sources with a
few exotic words tossed in for good measure.