2011-07-09 21:34, Roger Mills skrev:
> I suspect that if an adult for some reason comes to dislike
> their given name, it's fairly easy to change it. My
> understanding is that that was/is possible in Indonesia too,
> though I don't know what the administrative requirements
> were/are (in either case.)

You can do that in Sweden too, but you *have* to have/take
a surname, and it has to be unique unless you have fairly
close relatives who have born the name, or you have to ask
*everyone* in Sweden who bears the name for permission to
bear it. Hence a plethora of pseudo-geographical surnames.

Changing the spelling of my given names was quite easy,
but any more radical change requires an application,
which costs a significant amount, with the patent
authority.

/bpj