2011-07-11 22:11, Philip Newton skrev:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 20:23, BPJ<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> Fortunately his name of address is the same name as
>> my grandfather and father were called by (with the spelling
>> I chose[^1]).
>
> Is there a footnote which went missing here?
>
> Cheers,
> Philip

Yup. I was just going to remark that I almost wrote
_cioas_ there as I'd been working on Ynglisc all
afternoon. I have chronic problems with the spelling
of _cho(o)se_ although I know full well how to pronounce
the forms of it. Interestingly I've not yet misspelled
_ceos, cioas_ etc. in Ynglisc! I don't know if it is
because I made up the Ynglisc spelling of the past
tense myself, or simply because the difference between
the two is greater in Ynglisc than in English. More-
over I'm not sure how Norron I want Ynglisc to be, and
so I'm not decided if the past tense is _cioas_ or
_ciaes_, which may contribute to keeping me alert.

BTW is there any other case of a conlang whose
name differs from that of a related natlang only
in spelling? :-)

/bpj