On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Patrick Dunn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In Oasa:
>
> sho no 'u munaila shuha, sho aino 'u fe kampola elu lo.
>
> lo -- evidential, "I have heard it said."

Huh, that's interesting.  Is this a general hear-say evidential, or a gnomic
one?

In the current state of Kahtsaai, evidentiality is obligatory, but there are
nonetheless a slew of conditions which evict it.  Anything that smells
like a mood (such as a modal verb, "must kill") will send the evidential
packing.

In the meantime, I've realized I bungled my own example.  I'm still
getting used to some of the classificatory noun incorporation.

--
wm