See, I could see writing a sentence like that on purpose (i.e. where the point is to have a large fronted clause), or as a joke. I find it bizarre that this is what comes out in a supposedly bare-bones news article trying to be informative. But, hey, it did make my brain work a little harder, so I guess that's a good thing. ;)

David Peterson
LCS President
www.conlang.org